Hyperbolic Geometry, Symmetric spaces
Inkang Kim works on hyperbolic geometry and symmetric spaces. He works on rigidity and flexibility of discrete groups acting on symmetric spaces. For rigidity side, he proved the marked length rigidity of Zariski dense subgroups of semisimple Lie groups. In the line of Weil's local rigidity, with his collaborators he proved the local rigidity of real and complex hyperbolic lattices in quaternionic hyperbolic spaces. For flexibility side, with Pierre Pansu he characterized the criterion for a deformability to a Zariski dense representation of a surface group representation in semisimple Lie groups. Specially in hyperbolic 3-manifolds, with other collaborators he generalized William Thurston's double limit theorem to any hyperbolic 3-manifold with compressible boundary.
- Jan-March 2011: IHP, member
- Dec 2009, July 2010 : member, Hausdorff Institute.
- September 2008-present : Professor at Korea Institute for Advanced Study
- September 2000-August 2008 : Assistant, Associate and full professor, Seoul National University
- 1997-August 2000 : Assistant professor, KAIST
- Dec 2007-Feb 2008 : Ecole Polytechnique, invited researcher
- Aug- Dec, 2007 : MSRI, member.
- June 2007 : Ecole Polytechnique, invited researcher
- June 2006-Aug 2006 : Universidad Complutense a Madrid, invited professor
- Feb 2006, July-August 2008 : July-August 2009, Jan 2010 IHES, membre
- Jan 2006 : Ecole Polytechnique, maitre de rechercheur
- June 2005-Aug 2005 : MSRI, member
- Nov 2004, August 2010 : MPI, member
- Oct 2004 : Universite de Grenoble I, professeur invite
- July 2004-Feb 2005 : Ecole Polytechnique, invite
- January 2004-June 2004 : IHES at Paris, member
- May 1996 : Ph.D., U.C Berkeley
- Feb 1990 : B.S., Seoul National University
- Young Scientist Award 2007
- Office:1233 / TEL) 82-2-958-3745 / FAX) 82-2-958-3786
- School of Mathematics, Korea Institute for Advanced Study
85 Hoegiro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 02455, Korea