Lie groups. Representation Theory. Harmonic Analysis.
Genkai Zhang's main research interests are representations
of semisimple Lie groups, harmonic analysis on symmetric
and locally symmetric spaces and complex analysis
related to Hermitian symmetric spaces. He is currently
working with Inkang Kim at KIAS on geometry and analysis
on Hitchin components using representation theory of Lie groups
and harmonic analysis.
- 1999-2006 , 2006 - present: Associate Professor , Professor in Mathematics
- Chalmers University of Technology and University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 1995-1999: University lecture, University of Karlstad, Sweden.
- 1992-1995: Post-doc, Odense University, Denmark;
- Research associate, University of New South Wales, Australia.
- 1989-1991: Ph. D, University of Stockholm, Sweden
- 1979 -1988: Bachelor of Science, Inner Mongolia University, China;
- Master of Science, Fudan University, China.
- / /
- School of Mathematics, Korea Institute for Advanced Study
85 Hoegiro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 02455, Korea